Professional Development Grants
Need Funding for PD?
Need funding for travel in order to present at a national conference but your school doesn't fund out-of-state travel? You have a great idea for a summer STEM workshop but need financial assistance. NISE is offering grants that might be able to help. The NISE grant program supports STEM professional development activities for K-12 educators in the greater Chicago area.
- If you want to attend the annual NISE Conference but your district won't cover the registration cost, please see the specific grant for the conference: Robert Abrams Memorial PD Grant.
- Eligible expenses the grant can cover include: reasonable travel, registration fees, and materials.
- NISE Grants don't cover travel (mileage, lodging, or meals) for events in the greater Chicagoland area.
- More information, including selection criteria, available in the application.
- Applications are requested at least 3 weeks prior to the required approval date.
- Grant application typically takes less than 20 minutes to complete.
- NOTE: Download the application (PDF) and save it to your local machine. Then open the downloaded file to edit and save it with your changes. If you try to edit the document in your browser (not opening a downloaded version), your edits will typically not save and will be lost.
Open to all science educators in the greater Chicagoland area. NISE employees, leadership, and family members are not eligible.
- Download and complete the NISE Grant Overview and Application: Grant Application v2019-4.pdf
- Download and complete the NISE Grant Terms and Conditions: Grant Terms & Conditions v2019-4.pdf
- Email the completed documents to the email below. If you don't get confirmation that the application was received within a few days, feel free to follow up.
Contact the NISE Conference Team - firstname.lastname@example.org