STEM - Kart Racing
Enjoy go-karts? Do you watch racing? Ever wondered about the science behind it?
We are inviting all K-12 educators to the first NISE Summer Social Event ... AND because we are passionate about offering professional development, you just might experience something that you can take back to your classroom ... AND best of all it's FREE!!
Accelerate Indoor Speedway offers STEM field trips and summer camps for students to learn about the STEM concepts behind karting and racing. They align their activities to the NGSS and Common Core standards.NISE is inviting grade K-12 educators for an evening at the track located in Mokena, IL on Thursday, July 18, 2019, from 3:30 to 5:30 pm. You will learn about the student STEM curriculum and programs offered at their facility and experience a field trip similar to a student, including a kart race against your fellow educators.
- NISE will pay for educators who pre-register. Space is extremely limited so you must pre-register for the event! NISE must pay for each registered attendee, even if they don't show. Please only sign-up if you are able to attend.
- Those NISE event participants that are driving must arrive no later than 3:45 pm. You will be assigned to 1 of 3 groups and rotate between the classroom, track, and racing until 5:30 pm.
- PD Hours/CPDUs will be provided (1.5 hrs) for those who attend the entire event.
- For those interested, food and beverages (not included) will be available after the event in the bar and grill area. NISE will provide pizza snack. Hang out and talk science with your fellow educators.
- This event is intended for all K-12 science educators and is free.
- Spouse/family members may attend the facility while their family member is in the NISE session. They family member(s) can enjoy the "arrive and drive" karting, arcade, bar and grill, and the other public attractions at their own expense. Please visit http://acceleratespeed.com for more information. All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult not participating in the NISE session.
Questions? Contact the NISE Conference Email at firstname.lastname@example.org