NISE / CLC - Science Institute Day
Lake County Science Education Institue Day 2018Northern Illinois Science Educators (NISE), in cooperation with the College of Lake County (CLC) are excited to provide the teachers of Lake County this FREE professional development opportunity. Our goal is to provide teachers practical ideas to support their daily work with students in their schools on the NGSS. The workshop will be held at the College of Lake County (Auditorium in Building A) in Grayslake, IL on March 2, 2018 from 8:00 am - 12:00 pm. Teams are encouraged to attend together, and space will be available for teams to collaborate through the afternoon after the event, if desired.
Please join NISE and CLC for a workshop to explore ways to advance the integration of NGSS into your daily practice. A variety of presenters for all grade levels (K-20) will discuss topics such as:
- Ways to incorporate the science and engineering practices (SEP's) into your instruction.
- How to use the EQuIP (Educators Evaluating the Quality of Instructional Products) rubric to determine how well your lessons are aligned to NGSS.
- How NGSS is preparing students for the 21st century.
- Ways to infuse modeling into your science instruction and assessment.
- Strategies for developing Literacy skills in the Science classroom.
|8:00 am - 8:30 am||Registration & Welcome|
|8:30 am - 9:30 am||Session 1|
|9:45 am - 10:45 am||Session 2|
|11:00 am - 12:00 pm||Session 3|
|12:00 pm -12:30 pm||Checkout and CPDUs|
|12:30 pm - 3:00 pm||Optional team collaboration time|
This event is intended for all K-12 science educators not just Lake county schools/educators) and is free (no food will be provided at this time). Updates on presenters, registration, and other additional information will be made available as the date approaches. CPDUs will be provided.
Download a printable flyer to share with collegues!
Questions? Contact Peggi Keller at email@example.com