NISE ISA Workshop Institute Day 2022
Northern Illinois Science Educators (NISE), in cooperation with North Central College (NCC), is offering a workshop on the new Illinois Science Assessment (ISA) as part of the DuPage/Kane Countywide Institute Day on Friday, March 4, 2022 from 8:00 am to 1:30 pm.
The new Illinois Science Assessment is here! Students in 5th, 8th and 11th grade are now completing question clusters that represent NGSS. Do you have questions about the design of this test? Do you want to be able to model these types of question clusters on your own classroom assessments?
In the first half of this workshop, you will learn about the architecture of the test and the design of the question clusters. In the second half, teachers will have the opportunity to work in small, pre-defined content and/or grade band specific groups, to create a practice question cluster that can be used as a classroom assessment.
This workshop is organized by NISE and is being led by members of the writing teams for the ISA. Attendees will be divided into these specific content/grade band groups along the lines of the ISA: HS Biology, HS Physical Science (Chemistry/Physics), HS Earth and Space Science, Middle School Science, and Elementary Science.
- Due to COVID restrictions and venue space limitations, you will need to sign up for a pre-defined, content/grade band group.
- SEATING WILL BE LIMITED FOR EACH GROUP! We anticipate the groups will all "sell out". Space will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The workshop will cost $50 per attendee. Payment can be made on a credit card, check, or a PO.
- If a school district sends 5 or more attendees, and pays for them all on a single PO, the price is $45 for each attendee on that PO.
- ALL ATTENDEES MUST FOLLOW ALL STATE COVID-19 GUIDELINES AND EXECUTIVE ORDERS FOR PUBLIC K-12 EDUCATORS AS WELL AS NCC SITE REQUIREMENTS including,
but not limited to:
- Must have been vaccinated or have had a negative test for COVID, less than 3-days prior to attending the workshop.
- Must wear a mask at all times during the workshop, except when eating in defined break spaces.
- If any attendee is experiencing any COVID symptoms per the CDC website (http://cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html) they may not attend the workshop regardless of their vaccination or negative test status.
- Please make this a safe event for everyone involved.
NOTE: COVID-19 requirements are subject to change.
This event is intended for all K-12 science educators (not just DuPage/Kane county schools) and the cost is $50. "Grab and go" type snacks will be provided between sessions. Updates on presenters, registration, and other additional information will be made available as the date approaches. Pre-registration is required. Seating will be limited and will be given on a first-come, first-served basis.Questions? Contact the NISE help desk at email@example.com