Each breakout will be lead by an experienced, well qualified NGSS expert:
- Grades 6-8: Dr. Carol Baker is the Superintendent for Lyons SD 103 and was a member of the NGSS Writing Team that wrote the standards. Dr. Baker consults with both districts and publishers on implementing the NGSS. She started her career as an educator, primarily teaching high school physics for 18 years.
- HS Biology: Mechelle La Lanne is the Managing Director of Science Education and LASER Alliance Director at the state of Washington's North Central Educational Services District (ESD). Mechelle has served as a professional development provider since 2003. Her career in teaching began on the Makah Reservation in Neah Bay, Washington where she taught 6th grade. Since then she has taught most age levels, including pre-service teachers at Central Washington University. She specializes in STEM education and assists the state of Washington in making the transition to the NGSS.
- HS Chemistry: Tanya Katovich is a high school chemistry teacher who has worked the last 3 years implementing the NGSS in her classroom. Katovich has presented at both local and national conferences and workshops about her hands-on experiences in implementing NGSS in her chemistry classrooms.
- HS Physics: Dr. Craig Gabler is a Science/STEM education consultant who was a member of the NGSS Writing Team. Dr. Gabler began his career in Centralia, Washington as a high school chemistry and physics teacher.
NIU Naperville Conference Center is centrally located along the Chicago area's north/south (I-355) and east/west (I-88) corridors. It is just a few minutes south of I-88 on Diehl Rd, using the Naperville Rd. / Freedom Dr. exit and 5 minutes from I-355 using I-88.
- NIU Naperville Conference Center
- Address: 1120 E Diehl Rd, Naperville, IL 60563
- Website: http://www.niu.edu/conferenceCenters/naperville
Just the Facts
NGSS 3D Lesson Design and Assessment
- Date: March 4, 2017 (Sat)
- Time: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Location: NIU Naperville Conference Ctr
- 1120 E Diehl Rd, Naperville, IL
- Food: Light Breakfast, Coffee/Tea Incl
- Cost: $25
- Seats: 200 Total - 50 max each breakout
- CPDUs: 3.5 hrs
- Reg: Pre-Registration Required
- Audience: 6-12 Science Teachers & Admin.
- Topics: NGSS, Instructional Delivery,
- Assessment, Curriculum Dev,
Are you coming from out of town and need a hotel room? There are 4 major hotels chains within 1 block of the NIU Naperville Conference Center. Many of them offer free shuttle service in the immediate area (NIU conference center, local restaurants, downtown Naperville, and some even to local malls). We have information about their complimentary services and how to get the special rates for attendees of our workshop. Contact us and we can send you the information.