The theme for this year's conference is Relevant Engaging Authentic Learning (REAL). Due the demand for the conference and venue space restrictions, there will not be a single keynote. Instead this year we will be offering several "Featured Speakers". These are nationally recognized experts on NGSS and STEM.
[More information on these speakers will be available in early September!]
New this year are double session, hands-on workshops. These hands-on workshops will allow about 1.5 hours of presenter led group work and collaboration. These workshops will have limited seating and most will be free as part of the conference fee. (For any requiring a fee, that will be handled directly with the presenter/organization and noted in the workshop description.)
- iFLY Workshop - One of the workshops will be a visit to the iFLY facility around the corner from the conference facility and learn about their STEM field trips and curriculum, tour the facility, and experience indoor skydiving for yourself! (Additional fee for this workshop.)
[More information on workshops will be available here in early September. Sign-up information will be emailed to all registered attendees starting in October.]
NIU Naperville Conference Center is centrally located along the Chicago area's north/south (I-355) and east/west (I-88) corridors. It is just a few minutes south of I-88 on Diehl Rd, using the Naperville Rd. / Freedom Dr. exit and 5 minutes from I-355 using I-88.
- NIU Naperville Conference Center
- Address: 1120 E Diehl Rd, Naperville, IL 60563
- Website: http://www.niu.edu/conferenceCenters/naperville
Call for Presentations
Call for Presentations (CFP) is open for the NISE 2017 Conference. Please consider presenting ...
Just the Facts
NISE 2017: REAL
Relevant Engaging Authentic Learning
- Date: November 13, 2017 (Mon)
- Time: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Location: NIU Naperville Conference Ctr
- 1120 E Diehl Rd, Naperville, IL
- Food: Lunch Included
- Cost: $175
- Seats: 500 (Max)
- CPDUs: 5 hrs
- Reg: Pre-Registration Required
- Reg. Open Now
- Audience: K-16 Science Teachers & Admin.
- Topics: NGSS, Instructional Delivery,
- Assessment, Curriculum Dev,
- Classroom Tech., Science Admin,
- and more ...
Are you coming from out of town and need a hotel room? There are 4 major hotels chains within 1 block of the NIU Naperville Conference Center. Many of them offer free shuttle service in the immediate area (NIU conference center, local restaurants, downtown Naperville, and some even to local malls). We have information about their complimentary services and how to get the special rates for attendees of our conference. Contact us and we can send you the information.